Position: Communications Specialist
Reports To: Communications Manager
Overview: The Communications Specialist will assist in the consulting & implementation of the day-to-day internal communications strategy, for various internal departments. This position reports to the Communications Manager and works to build the AutoTrader.com brand among internal constituents – particularly among AutoTrader.com employees. This role will have a creative approach to internal communications, experience in project management, as well as solid writing, editing and communications experience. The position will be customer-focused, solution-oriented person with exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Consult with various departmental contacts regarding internal communications projects.
• Leverage multiple corporate communication vehicles, including but not limited to, print, intranet and video.
• Liaise with designers to create design elements for communication vehicles.
• Fulfill internal communication support requests.
• Serve as contributor to company’s monthly magazine and company intranet.
• Manage internal employee sessions, such as lunch ‘n learns, facilitating sessions with departmental contacts and employees.
• Assist in the implementation of annual events and quarterly business update webcasts.
• Assist in the implementation of company webcasts, liaising with external vendors, studio owners and other members of the team.
• 2-3 years experience in corporate communications or internal communications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track and within budget
• Ability to manage projects from inception to fulfillment.
• Superior interpersonal and organization skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field.
• Experience in online editing and content management.
• Experience in event planning and implementation, including webcasts.
• Experience developing video scripts and/or working with videograp