The McDonnell Group delivers a unique trilogy of energy and technology focused marketing services: Research, Strategy, and Public Relations. We provide expert insight and specialized knowledge—of the people, the trends, and the technologies unique to the utility and enterprise software markets. With our Focus on Practical Methods™, we work closely with executive teams to deliver strategy and advisory services, research-based marketing, and public relations to help you grow and guide your business in a way few can match. Find us at www.themcdonnellgroup.com
The McDonnell Group, Inc. is seeking an entry level Public Relations Account Coordinator with relevant scholastic experience to join its team in support of existing accounts as well as a growing client base. The right candidate will have the ability to understand the complex technologies of our clients and supervise communications initiatives on their behalf. We seek an enthusiastic self-starter with strong organizational and management skills who can see projects from inception to completion on deadline with little supervision and a self-directed and self-motivated approach. The position requires strong writing, organizational and administrative skills and it is based in our Roswell, GA office. No relocation assistance provided and local candidates are preferred.
Support public relations team with research, administrative and client relations functions with the intention of gaining experience and increased responsibilities for career advancement.
* Build and maintain a customer relationship management (CRM) database to keep media and other business relationships updated.
* Assists PR team in researching promotional opportunities by arranging speaking engagements; managing press announcements and informational sessions; arranging special events.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Public Relations – General, Tracking PR Coverage, Press Kits, Tradeshows, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Presentation Skills, Microsoft Office, Contact Database Management, Web Content Management, Social Media, Pitching articles.
Desired Skills & Experience
1. College graduate with practical internship experience is a plus. We seek someone who wants to be a high impact team player where teamwork, fun and a flat organization focused squarely on client satisfaction, service value, and exceptional work results are the priority.
2. Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer focus.
3. Reasonable understanding and comfort level with IT technology strongly preferred.
4. Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing required with digital media and/or some technical aptitude an additional major plus.
5. Excellent writing with proven ability to research topics, interview end customers and generate original content for clients on technical and technology related topics.
6. Proficiency as an independent user of relevant software systems including Microsoft Office (PPT, Xcel, Word).
Compensation: The McDonnell group offers competitive wages and benefits including health care and paid vacation. The McDonnell Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to respond: All interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter with last/current salary to (alisa @ themcdonnellgroup.com). Initial interviews will be by phone. Please do not send notes through Linked in or cold call the office. Candidates will be required to pass an extensive background, criminal and credit check and provide current references and complete a job application. Because of the nature of our business and the high volume of replies, we cannot guarantee a personal response to every applicant for this position. However, we will reply by email to confirm receipt and review of your materials.