Nationwide Insurance is seeking a driven professional to fill an Administrative Secretary position in our Duluth, GA office. *Qualified candidates will possess prior experience in an administrative
capacity. Daily tasks will include answering phones, reviewing and sorting emails, making travel arrangements, processing expense reports, and other miscellaneous clerical tasks as assigned.
*Strong writing skills are a must for this role.
*Knowledge of MS Excel, Work, and PowerPoint required.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs secretarial support and administrative duties under general supervision in support of a director/department head or manager.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports at least to a Director/Department Head or Manager level position. If the business unit uses a secretary pool, this description may be used if the associate predominately supports a Director/Department Head or Manager, providing the duties and responsibilities listed, while reporting to another leader. May support multiple managers and departments. Usually have no direct reports.
* Reviews, highlights, prioritizes, and processes mail. Forwards routine mail to appropriate staff member; may attach relevant files or information. Brings to attention of manager any items needing immediate attention. Prepares items for mailing, shipping, and storage. * Follows-up on items as needed or assigned. Drafts responses for
management approval; composes and sends simple correspondence on occasional basis such as promotional and congratulatory letters, basic instructions procedures.
* Answers telephones, takes messages, and/or redirects calls. Greets visitors. Responds to a variety of inquires on work-related topics and processes. May open managers’ email and respond or forward as appropriate. * Scheduling/Coordination: Coordinates and schedules department meetings. This may include logistics, travel itineraries for management and other staff, location selection, menus and food services, supplies, audio visual support, room set-up etc.
* Compiles information from a variety of sources to prepare standard and ad hoc reports and exhibits.
* Processes check requests, expense advances and reports and other routine requisitions to pay bills, clear expenses, order supplies, support meetings, etc.
* Maintains and updates office records such as associate files, work schedules, technical manuals, forms, supply lists, organizational charts, and related internal files
* Assists in gathering data and information, computing figures, assembling materials, and preparing exhibits for reports, projects, management meetings, and other presentations.
All interested candidates, please send your resume to: vensonm1 @ nationwide.com