Tradeshow Coordinator/Office Manager
Assist with the production of regional, national, and international trade shows, special events, and conferences. This position will help support executives and technicians through successful planning and execution of events. This role will also provide high-level administrative support for Executives preparing statistical reports, maintain business license and company insurance. Other administrative duties will include preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, and making travel arrangements. This individual will be the primary point of contact in the office for staff and outside vendors. A professional demeanor is mandatory at all times. Experience in a small, fast paced work environment is preferred.
• Manage all communication with staff pre and post event.
• Develops project status updates and final reports.
• Manages event logistics in support of assigned events.
• Coordinates space reservations and contract negotiations for trade shows, corporate and customer events.
• Coordinates deliverables with direct mail, advertising, promotional items, etc.
• Coordinates conference details such as attendee registration, exhibitor kits, exhibits and equipment, literature, etc.
• Coordinates travel logistics, catering, and convention services.
• Coordinates transportation logistics for exhibit property.
• Periodically travels to event locations to manage and oversee onsite logistics.
• For meeting and proprietary events, works with hotel CSM to coordinate food and beverage, room setup, audio/visual and all other meeting logistics.
• Negotiates contracts and associated services.
• Consults executives on all post event activities and measurement check points. Create event status reports for management.
• Researches, events, trade shows, and promotional/sponsorship opportunities which support the company’s strategic direction and provide necessary recommendations.
• Maintains conference schedule and marketing master calendar.
• Recommends and implements process improvements.
• Compiles and tracks tradeshow budget.
• Processes incoming invoices from vendors and associations.
• Maintains monthly accrual statements for the organization.
• Must be able to create and maintain documents in various software packages.
• Handle sensitive and confidential materials.
• Make travel arrangements including air, hotel, and car and negotiate pricing. Should have experience managing a travel policy.
• Coordinate and set up onsite and offsite meetings (domestic & international).
• Manage office (liaison with facility manager, security, maintenance, etc.)
• Order all office supplies and maintain the budget.
• Support company plane (maintenance, fees, FAA registration, invoices, supplies, FBO, etc.)
• Support Executives with all administrative tasks to include personal errands (house maintenance, personal projects, travel management)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in trade show and/or event planning, typical incumbent will have over 5 years experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Emphasis on marketing, communications or related field is preferred.
• Excellent office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and E-mail).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload and strong project management skills. The ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Strong analytical capability, independent thinker and good decision making skills.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment (able to juggle multiple tasks and perform under pressure/deadlines).
• Should be very innovative, proactive and a creative thinker
• Must own a smart phone for critical communication
• Motivated & self-starter (work with little or no supervision)
• Travel required 10-15%
• Passport required; needed for international travel
This is a non-smoking office – smoking is not permitted within 100 feet of our premises.
Submit resume to:
Sharita @ robinsonconsultingservices.com