contact Bruce Osterhaus at bruce.osterhaus apply.
Product Manager provides marketing strategy and tools to the company’s sales force in order to increase market share and profitability, and expand into new market segments. The Product Manager is responsible for product-life-cycle management and realization of financial targets. Develops and implements marketing and selling strategies for new and existing brands/products. Provide brand input for development and implementation of advertising, promotion, and public relations campaigns by outside agencies. Coordinates exhibit booth and plans convention schedule based on target markets with promotions manager. Assist in training sales force on new and existing brand/product lines. Participates/leads product development projects. Develops relationships with potential product suppliers/manufacturers and key opinion leaders. Conduct analysis relating to product license or acquisition opportunities. Champions new product development, and performs
all the market and economic analysis related to new product development and/or modification to existing products. Prepares marketing plans, business reviews, budgets and forecasts.
Responsible for managing assigned brand/product lines to increase market share and profitability. This is accomplished through the following:
(a) Prepares and implements marketing plans to market, promote, and advertise brands/products
(b) Creates presentations and effective promotions of brands/products for sales force and acute care buyers
(c) Manages and analyzes customer base for opportunities
(d) Establishes brand/product prices by analyzing and incorporating established profit margins and costs for materials, packaging, labor, and shipping
(e) Prepares and analyzes forecasts by evaluating brand/product demand
(f) Assists in the creation of long-term business plans and product development
(g) Develops and maintains A & P budget for the assigned product brand.
(h) Develops clinical and technical support to support marketing claims
(i) Develops training materials and trains sales force
(j) Leads cross functional team to ensure strategies and tactics are on target.
2. Develops and implements 3 year strategic plan for new and existing brands/products which requires analyzing volume and gross profit projections, market targets, and market trends for the medical market.
3. Coordinates with Director or Vice President on brand strategies and tactics to ensure alignment with acute care strategies and tactics.
4. Provides product support to Sales force.
5. Provides brand input and direction for promotional activities.
6. Coordinates and monitors development and implementation of product development projects. Ensures timelines for projects and budgets in future years aligns with overall brand strategy and delivers appropriate margins etc. Ensures work performed is in accordance with established business plans, marketing strategies, and budgets, and meets objectives for brand presentation and recognition.
See “Any Other Information” for additional accountabilities.
• Set up new promotional and training material
• Communicate with customer and sales force to reinforce company commitment and ensure customer satisfaction
• Establish and maintain a network of key opinion leaders
• Provide technical support for company products
• Suggest and perform feasibility studies of ideas and products
• Give marketing insight into new product evaluation
• Develop marketing and communication plan with the objective of reaching targets (financial / market share, etc.)
• Define and implement marketing strategy and product positioning
• Develop proposals to enable operational sales planning. Active member of the Category Team, which is a cross-functional development, strategic and commercialization team, which defines and executes associated new product development activities to ensure commercial readiness, worldwide regulatory fillings and approvals, marketing global strategic alignment, global brand positioning, global pricing strategy, global strategic development
• Coordinate performance of competitive analysis in order to position product(s)
• Assist in gathering specific information on competitors (pricing, mailings, product features)
Will be responsible to support short and long-term marketing strategies, programs and tactics to ensure optimal commercialization.
Lifecycle management activities.
Business Development input on new line extensions and products
Effectively execute marketing activities necessary to successfully support existing and new products. Create and champion brand vision and direction to support the assigned product business.
Brand Messaging and Positioning