Position: Internal Communications Contractor
Reports To: Manager, Internal Communications
Overview: The Internal Communications Contractor will assist in the implementation of the day-to-day internal communications strategy for various internal vehicles. This position reports to the Manager, Internal Communications, and works to build the AutoTrader.com brand among AutoTrader.com employees. This role will have experience in project management, as well as solid writing, editing and communication experience. The position will be a solution-oriented person with exceptional interpersonal skills. Types of responsibilities we would like this person to manage include:
* Serve as editor of company Intranet’s homepage, including feature, spotlight, poll and Ask Anything sections.
* Responsible for Intranet updates (video uploads, forms, feeds, etc.)
* Keep Intranet’s Manager Center updated with team-approved content.
* Serve as contributor to company’s monthly magazine (Term of the Month, Anniversaries, NewsFlash).
* Format and distribute companywide emails, including weekly Inside Pit Stop and Inside Manager Center emails.
* Assist in the implementation of company’s annual event.
* Manage Digital Display screens, keeping content up to date and within standards guides.
* Manage Internal Communications campaigns (primarily Intranet/Digital Display-based campaigns).
* Provide support for upcoming initiatives (e.g., vendor searches for webcast/online publications; stakeholder interviews for intranet project, etc.).
* And any overall support for internal communications activities.
* Experience in corporate communications or internal communications.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track.
* Adept at working in a fast-paced environment.
* Superior interpersonal and organization skills.
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field.
* Experience in online editing and content management (SharePoint 2007/2010)
* Experience in email management (Mail Chimp)
* Experience in digital content management (Symons Design Studio)