MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
We are McDonnell Group. We are a leading strategic marketing firm dedicated to positioning, protecting, and propelling our clients forward in an ever-changing global marketplace.
We are boutique firm, based in Atlanta, focused solely on the dynamic energy industry, from renewable generation to smart meters and everything in between.
We combine deep industry expertise, actionable information, innovative approach, and creative delivery to build our clients’ brands, offerings, relevance, and bottom lines.
We are passionate about advancing both our clients’ businesses and our industry.
We believe in making a difference and in the transformative power of marketing at its best.
We are also committed to giving back, and do so by donating our services to worthy causes: Goshen Valley Boys Ranch, Atlanta Gas Light’s H.E.A.T program, and Living With It.
But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, organized individual to join our marketing & public relations teams to assist, coordinate, and implement dynamic integrated marketing communications programs for our growing client base, and for McDonnell Group itself. The Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator is an entry-level position that works within the Strategic Marketing Department and will coordinate with all team members to ensure smooth running of the division in daily tasks.
The right candidate will have the ability to understand the complex technologies of our clients and supervise strategic marketing initiatives on their behalf, will be an enthusiastic self-starter, and will be able to work in a self-directed and self-motivated way. The position requires strong writing, organizational, and administrative skills and is based in our Roswell, GA office.
<strong>No relocation assistance provided and local candidates are preferred.
• Assist in day-to-day coordination of marketing and public relations programs.
• Assist in all account administration: press clippings, building/maintaining the CRM database, monthly reports, review of invoices vs. scope of work.
• Assist team in researching promotional opportunities by arranging speaking engagements; managing press announcements and informational sessions; arranging analyst briefings, arranging special events.
• Process inbound media requests
• Assist in event coordination for press and marketing events
• Assist in marketing collateral creation
• Update company and client websites with dynamic, relevant content
• Execute and support integrated marketing programs, including social media, online, & print programs.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. College graduate with practical agency internship experience.
2. Impeccable organization and multi-tasking skills
3. Strong work ethic, sense of accountability, and attention to detail
4. Independent self-starter who wants to be a high impact team player where teamwork, fun, and a flat organization focused squarely on client satisfaction, service value, and exceptional work results are the priority.
5. Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer focus.
6. Ability to adjust to a variety of situations and personalities and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time.
7. Reasonable understanding and comfort level with IT technology strongly preferred.
8. Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism required with digital media and/or some technical aptitude an additional plus.
9. Excellent writing with proven ability to research topics, interview end customers and generate original content for clients on technical and technology related topics.
10. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Internet, and Social Media a must. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a strong plus.
McDonnell Group offers competitive wages and benefits including health care and paid time off. McDonnell Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We regret that we are unable to reply personally to each applicant for this position due to the volume of submissions.
However, your resume and information will be reviewed and if a potential match may be determined, we will contact you to discuss next steps in the process.
Please, no phone calls, unsolicited resumes or agency requests.
Thank you for considering a career at McDonnell Group.
Please forward a copy of your most recent, updated resume along with a cover letter that includes your most recent salary history and salary requirements to (careers @ themcdonnellgroup.com)