ob title: Marketing Analyst
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA 30004
Duration: 12+ months
- The marketing governance consultant will be responsible for uncovering and illuminating drivers of performance; identifying, quantifying and explaining areas of opportunity and risk; and designing solutions and championing business cases to transform future results. The consultant will collaborate regularly with colleagues in finance, market research, customer retention, and reporting teams and will synthesize findings, analysis, and recommendations into senior level presentations for regional, area, and corporate executives.
- The consultant will monitor performance relative to forecasts, budget, internal and industry peers, etc., and will investigate deviations in performance to understand causation, impact to forecasts, and opportunities to influence results. The consultant will engage in special projects to likewise assess existing and prospective programs, such as special offers and retention programs.
- The consultant will work closely with the metrics and reporting team, collaborating to build reporting necessary to efficiently meet data and analysis needs. Likewise, the consultant will collaborate with market research colleagues and other counterparts to gather insights necessary to understand performance drivers.
- The consultant will write SQL to address ad hoc and urgent requests.
- The consultant will conduct sensitivity analyses to assess alternative courses of action and form recommended actions. The consultant will then build business cases in support of the recommended course, and marshall them through approvals.
- The consultant will convey insights and recommendations through compelling, persuasive, and efficient storytelling, maintaining balance of perspective and mastery of details, articulating causation and dependencies, and quantifying opportunities.
- The consultant will be a master of company and industry KPIs and will disseminate relevant findings to colleagues, arming them with the knowledge they will need to make wise decisions on their individual projects.
- 8+ years’ experience in analytical marketing roles, finance, or telecom (preferably wireless)
- Bachelor’s degree required, with significant coursework in finance, marketing, and statistics; MBA preferred or equivalent business experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to see and form big picture while maintaining attention to detail.
- Investigative mindset and ability to synthesize data from disparate sources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under rapid deadlines.
- Familiarity with database querying and ability to design reporting specs required. SQL skills required.
- Excellent communication skills for executive consumption.
- Identify the storyline that explains forecast/trends/results
- Convey story effectively and efficiently, with complete mastery of topic and perspective on relevance to overall position.
- Solid skills with PowerPoint.
- Experience preparing and presenting business cases, presenting arguments persuasively and with ability to successfully negotiate for wise outcome.
- Sound judgment and decision making.
Note: Please send me your updated copy of resume